Random Japan Trinity Explosion

We Love Jrock

HomeHome  Japanese Bands/Musicians  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RJTE group on last.fmRJTE group on last.fm  RJTE youtube channel  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
RJTE now has a youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RJTEOfficial
.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.
RJTE last.fm group: http://www.last.fm/group/Random+Japan+Trinity+Explosion
.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» grace period
Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:25 pm by

» The problem with file sharing music, uploading, and downloading...
Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:38 pm by

» Hello
Thu May 10, 2012 4:48 am by

» Sadie - Red Line ~mini album~
Sun May 06, 2012 6:44 pm by

» DEATHGAZE - Creature x3
Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 pm by

» NAMIKI
Thu May 03, 2012 8:28 pm by

» crockwork
Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:10 am by

» If you would like to post a twitter trend or facebook event...
Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:18 pm by

» NEWScript ep.16
Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:15 pm by

» TO GOTHICS
Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:11 pm by

Statistics
We have 29 registered users
The newest registered user is alforhels

Our users have posted a total of 655 messages in 248 subjects
free counters

Share | 

Moi dix mois - "Interview Mit Einem Vampir"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Samurai Senshi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Moi dix mois - "Interview Mit Einem Vampir"   Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Magazine: Animania ~ "Interview Mit Einem Vampir" (German)
Issue: May 2005
Interview by Jens Helge Nave
Translation by Kyo

Pictures:
"Guitarist K in pink - they often had to communicate with the audience through gestures"
"An amazing look - Mana was admired for his guitar technique and his hairstyle, which was always in place"
"Mana - guitar - blood type 0"

- INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE -
Your work is very diverse and besides the music and the according lyrics, you`re also a fashion designer.
Do you prioritize??

~ No, I actually don`t.

You approach your audience visually, but also intellectually.
What`s the most important thing to you??

~ The sixth sense is more important than anything else.

It`s always said that art reflected the spirit of the age and only really great artists lived on after their death.
What`s your opinion on that??

~ What I do is everlasting and won`t be washed away by time. I hope and wish that my work will also be listened to and appreciated in the future.

Does your Japanese origin have an influence on your creativity??
~ I think that my origin has influenced me a lot. My sense for art and beauty even developed that way because I grew up in Japan.

Do the audience`s expactations play a role in composing music, writing lyrics or drawing sketches??
~ No, not at all. If anything influences me, then maybe my longing for phenomena in everyday life, like those in occult movies for example. Such things have formed myself as I am today.

You enjoyed a classical music education. Are there any musical eras and artists that have deeply impressed you??
~ I`d say that baroque music has an influence on me. And I like Johann Sebastian Bach very much.

What do you think of Western bands that take up VK and have Moi dix Mois as role models for Cosplay??
~ I`m glad when bands do so because people like the way I am and my style.

Are there any bands/artists outside Japan that you like, regardless of their music genre??
~ Yes, “Goblin“! When I was watching the occult horror movie “Suspiria” (1977, director: Dario Agent -> editor`s note) for the first time, I was so spellbound by the music. Later, I learned that “Goblin” made the movie music.
I also like Slayer. They haven`t changed their style since their debut and I like it when people consistently stick to their attitude and follow it through.

With Moi-même-Moitié, you have your own fashion label and also some shops in Japan. How far are you with your plans to open up a store outside Japan??
~ If I find a partner, I`ll maybe open up a store in Europe. Attention!! Interested business partners, please let me know!! (laughs)

Final question: Are there any anime, manga, movies or video games you like very much and want to recommend to people here??
~ Yes, absolutely!! The 26-part Anime “Yôkai Ningen Bemu” (English: “Demon-Man Bem“, only published in Japan and Italy so far -> editor`s note). However, it`s already a bit old, it`s from 1968.
Or the cooking manga “Hôchônin Ajihei” (only published in Japan so far -> editor`s note), as I generally like this genre very much.
In addition, I like playing the video game “Crazy Climber”, which is a bit old, too (from 1982, console: Atari 26oo -> editor`s note).
And if I had to confine myself to current movies, I`d recommend “The Others” by Alejandro Amenábar.

Thank you very much for this interview.

.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life

The song has ended but the melody still lingers on...
Back to top Go down
Kyo
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moi dix mois - "Interview Mit Einem Vampir"   Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:05 pm

I hope you like the translation, I did my best. I`m a bit out of practice, though^^

(Grrrrr...It`s manga, not mangaS; anime, not animeS -.-)

About "Moi-même-Moitié":
Literal translation: "Me-same-moiety"
My interpretation: Everything is a part of him. Music. Lyrics. Fashion. He expresses himself through those. And everything has a meaning. Everything is equal.
You can`t only express yourself through music, but also through fashion.

.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.~☆~.-+*+-.

J-Rock: I can exist without it, but I can`t live without it. ♥️
Back to top Go down
http://rjte.forumotion.com

Moi dix mois - "Interview Mit Einem Vampir"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Random Japan Trinity Explosion :: Everything about J-Rock, Visual Kei, Jpop, and other Jap music ♥ :: Lyrics & Translations :: Magazine Articles-
Jump to: